Storage Size Guide
How Much Storage Space Do You Think You Might Need?
When it comes to storage, one size does not fit all. The right storage solution depends on a variety of factors, such as what items need to be stored and the length of time they will be stored.
With this in mind, a storage guide is provided for your convenience to help you determine the optimal size of storage unit to suit your particular requirements. As a rough guide, we have set out what typical storage units of each size might accommodate.
Storage Unit Size Guide
- 9 sq ftA locker, ideal for students storing a few small items such as boxes.
- 15 sq ftIdeal for storing boxes, suitcases, books, vinyl records, golf clubs or skis transported in a car.
- 25 sq ftIdeal for storing the contents of a bedsitter, small studio flat or a garden shed transported in an estate car.
- 35 sq ftIdeal for storing the contents of a large studio flat or a small one bedroom flat, transported in a short wheelbase Transit type van.
- 50 sq ftIdeal for storing the contents of a typical one bedroom flat transported in a long wheel base Transit type van.
- 100 sq ftIdeal for storing the contents of a larger two bedroom home or a small three bedroom home transported in a Luton van or similar, possibly requiring more than a single trip.
- 125 sq ftIdeal for storing the contents of a typical three bedroom home transported in a self-drive Luton van or similar, likely requiring more than a single trip; a 125 sq ft unit is similar in size to a small single domestic garage.
- 150 sq ftIdeal for storing the contents of a larger three bedroom home having a garage and garden shed transported in a Luton van or similar, possibly requiring two trips or more, or by a single trip in a 7.5 tonne lorry; a 150 sq ft unit is similar in size to a typical single domestic garage.
- 200 sq ftIdeal for storing the contents of a typical four bedroom home with a garage transported in a Luton van or similar but requiring multiple trips, or by a removal lorry; a 200 sq ft unit is similar in size to a typical double garage.
- 250 sq ftIdeal for storing the contents of a large four-bedroom home having a garage and / or outbuildings transported in a removal lorry. A 250 sq ft unit is similar in size to a typical large double garage.
Choose a location to get a quote
Storage is an increasingly popular option for many people. Whether individuals need to make more space at home, have recently downsized, or are preparing for a move, Boxx Storage can provide extra space and peace of mind that your belongings are safe.
Storage units in our stores are designed to cater for a wide range of needs and come in a variety of sizes. Additionally, we offer various security and insurance options to keep your belongings safe and protected. So, if you’re looking to free up some extra space in your home, it’s well worth considering storage with us.
Whether you run a small business out of your home or a large commercial operation, storing with Boxx Storage represents excellent value for money. It can provide a secure place to keep stock, equipment, and other business-related materials. If your business is growing and you’re running out of space, our storage facilities can also provide a flexible and affordable solution for expanding your operations. Whether you’re in need of short-term or long-term storage, we can help you to keep your business running smoothly.
Why Use a Storage Facility?
When it comes to storing quality goods and chattels, the need for security is self-evident. This is where a reputable storage company such as Boxx Storage can assist. We have security measures in place, such as digital access control and individually alarmed units, to ensure that all of your belongings are kept safe.
We can assist you in keeping your belongings safe during life changes, which can be stressful. You’ll have one less thing to worry about if your possessions are kept in a secure environment.
What Can You Store in a Storage Unit?
Customers often use our storage centres for the storage of household items and furniture when moving home.
However, for health and safety reasons, there are certain restrictions on what you can store. For instance, animals, food, and hazardous materials (petrol, oil, cleaning products, acids and other flammable materials)
Bespoke Unit Sizes
Of course, if you need a storage unit that’s bigger or smaller than the sizes above, we can accommodate that too. If you’re looking for a storage solution and want to find out more about the different unit sizes available, contact us today to discuss your requirements with one of our experienced store team.
How to Estimate Which Storage Unit is Right for You
Before you begin storing with us, you need to decide which unit is the right size for your needs. The first step in this process should be making a list of everything that you need to store. Once you know that, you can begin to estimate the size of the unit you’ll need by using our storage unit size estimator by inputting the items you’ll be storing – and the tool will provide an idea of a suitable size unit for you.
If you need further assistance in deciding which unit is right for you, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members who will be more than happy to assist you in finding the perfect solution for your needs.
Additional Services Packs
In addition to our standard storage units, we offer a number of additional services that can be tailored to your specific requirements. These services include:
- Extended Hours access to your storage unit, 7 days a week (Subject to location)
- Receipt and Dispatch service available
- Premium located storage unit (subject to availability)
- Security Deposit Waiver (Direct Debit must be set up)
- Wi-fi connection availability (ground floor only)
Using Storage for Your Business
If you’re a small business owner, you may be wondering if storage is the right solution for you. The answer is yes! Our storage units can be used to store your stock, equipment, and even office furniture – freeing up much-needed space in your commercial premises.
We understand that as a business owner, you may need to access your stored items at any time – which is why we offer extended hours access to our storage units with our Additional Services Packs. We also have a number of other services that can be tailored to your specific business needs, such as our Receipt and Dispatch service, which can save you time and money.
Choose Boxx Storage
Here at Boxx Storage, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with the best possible storage experience. We offer a wide range of storage units to suit all budgets and requirements – and our team is always on hand to help you find the perfect solution for your needs.